Confession: I haven't been writing as much about travel as much as I would like. The last couple of weeks have been exhausting and I've take time to focus on my personal life, which was also reflected in this space. And that was good / needed for me to do. But I've got a lot travel posts coming up in the near future that I'm really excited about. I thought that I'd kick off the travel updates with a few travel confessions I've been thinking about lately.
1. Grumpy when hungry. Yup. I get very, very grumpy when I'm hungry. And my mind switches into a one-track beast: find lots of food. Lesson learned: pack snacks every time I leave the house.
2. Too many pictures. Occasionally, I take too many pictures while traveling. And lately I've been wanting to experience things from out behind the camera. That being said, I get really irritated when people don't take pictures while traveling. Very silly, but it bugs me. Lesson learned: put down the camera every once in a while; I'm judge people who don't take any photographs.
3. Loud American. And up until this whole government shutdown mess I was pretty darn proud of it. No, I'm still proud of it. Yeah we mess up sometimes but I really do love the
US California. Lesson learned: I want to slap the next person that says “I don't think of you as American” as if it is a compliment.
4. Homebody. Sometimes I prefer to spend a day in bed when traveling. Even when my time is limited and I know that I should go out an explore, sometimes I really enjoy sitting in bed all day reading. Oops. Lesson learned: This is absolutely acceptable.
5. Over packer. I always, always, always over pack. Going away for 2 days? Bring 6 days worth of outfits. Am I the only one? Lesson learned: I'll never learn.
What is one thing that you love about yourself? I like that I am a good listener to my friends. I'm always here to help and spend time with them when they need to have someone to talk to.
If you could pack up all your belongings & move somewhere new, where would you move? I would move to Canada. I have always been attracted by that country. It looks so beautiful and peaceful.
Lazy Boleyn in 3 Words: Fresh, friendly and happy!
What is one thing that you love about yourself? Over the years, I've learned to roll with the punches. I'm naturally a very uptight and anxious person but I'm slowly learning to let go and let nature run its course. I think that's what happens when you're constantly moving around due to your husband's job – you learn to deal! I mean, I'm still a ball of anxiety, but it's much better than it was even a few months ago.
If you could pack up all your belongings & move somewhere new, where would you move? I've always wanted to travel to Asia, so probably Thailand. A few of our close friends went to Bangkok last year and their photos were out of this world. If we were in Thailand for any extended period of time, I'd definitely work at an elephant sanctuary. But let's be serious… I'd move anywhere.
Postcards From Rachel in 3 Words: Wanderlust, Snapshots, Puppies.
Tweet about this blog hop!