One of my favorite things about summer is the opportunity to put down the journal articles and pick up the books I’ve been dying to read. In all fairness, I do get a little reading time during the school year – a couple of fellow grad students and I started a book club that meets once a month, which has been awesome. But when the summer months roll around all I want to do is lounge in the sun with a beer and a book.
- The Lifespan of a Fact: A pretty interesting book about how far one can stretch the truth, especially when writing non-fiction. As a psychology student, I love reading anything that relates to questioning truth.
- One for the Money: I had read this book once before, but it was when it first came out and I didn’t remember any of it. I decided to give it another shot because I love series and am dying to get into another one.
- Urban Homesteading: Recently I’ve become more and more interested in learning how to live a more sustainable lifestyle . And reading through this book is my first baby step.
- Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, & Fifty Shades Freed (yes, I read ALL three and LOVED them. Thank goodness I have a Kindle). You know the story.
- Catching Fire, Mockingjay, the 2nd and 3rd books in the Hunger Games Series. For those of you that just read the first book and haven’t picked up the others, DO IT! I wish that there were more books in the series!
- Commencement: This was a bookclub find, about 4 girls after they graduate college. Fairly quick read and kind of entertaining, but not an instant fav.
- Disengaged: Okay, I admit it – I like “chick lit”. And I totally got into this book.
On the list:
Any recommendations for some good summer reads? I am particularly interested in finding a new series to read. What are you currently reading?