Yes, I was afraid of turning 30. I know that it’s stupid, but I’m feeling it. But instead of having a third-life crisis (which is totally a thing), I decided that I’m going to treasure 30.
When I was 27ish, I put together a list of 30 things that I wanted to accomplish by 30. I had divided them into six categories: learning, adventure, love, smile, create, and grow. I ended up accomplishing some of them, while others went untouched. I set high expectations for myself and I am frustrated that I didn’t complete some of them. I suppose that is to be expected.
Instead of making another list of goals, I wanted to make a list of things that I’m excited to experience in my 30s.
I’m excited to
1. Finish that Ph.D. I’m hoping that this is done in the next year.
2. Continue to settle down in Seattle. I never thought that I’d end up here but I love the life we’ve created.
3. (Maybe) buy a house & grow our family. Jury is still out.
4. Push myself out of my comfort zone.
5. Visit more cities and countries.
6. Support causes and organizations that I love (including ASPCA, IRF, Planned Parenthood, ACLU, NAACP, SPLC, Humane Society, Sierra Club, and ADL).
7. Finally research my family’s heritage.
8. Understand this whole financial stability thing.
9. Cultivate relationships.
10. Stand up and speak out for the people that I love.
I decided to document 30 on instagram using #Treasuring30. Feel free to follow along.
Were you excited about your 30s? Or, are you excited for your 30s?