I know that she's a little bit on the crazy side, but I love Britney Spears. I just can't help it. So I obviously had to make a trip out to Las Vegas to see her Piece of Me residency at Planet Hollywood. This weekend was my 5th time seeing Brit Brit and it was sadly my least favorite time seeing her (hell, I even liked her 12-minute, 5 song performance at the House of Blues under the name M&M better …. and yes, I paid $25 to watch Britney Spears lip-sync for 12 minutes). To be fair Esther tried to warn me (and shared her own recap of the concert, with better photos), but I was too excited to see the Queen of Pop to heed her warnings.
Britney Spears Las Vegas Piece of Me Show
True Britney fans know that she never actually sings at her concert and we're okay with it. We've also memorized the following phrase and say it whenever someone questions us: “Britney is a performer. She's an entertainer.”
As much as it pains me to say it, she wasn't much of a performer or entertainer during her Las Vegas show.
- She spent most of the time
prancingwalking around the stage waving her arms in the air. She was seriously all arms. It was like she was afraid of tripping.
- The first three songs of the show, Work Bitch, Womanizer, and 3, were probably my least favorite of the show. The energy was low, the choreography was simple, and the costumes were subpar.
- She had pretty much zero interaction with the audience. I wanted her to love that we were there supporting us but instead she just pranced around some more
- Clips of old music videos were shown during one of the costume changes. While I loved seeing how fab she once was, I was sadly reminded of how fab she once was compared to present day
Queen of Pop
- Brit Brit showed a little life during some of her songs, including “Do Something'”, “Circus”, and “Till The World Ends”. The best performance, however, was during “Stronger”. It could have something to do with the fact that she broke up with her boyfriend two days before the show…
- She performed over 20 songs and there were a ton of other songs that fans were dying to hear. Overprotected, If U Seek Amy, and Outrageous were all missed!
- Her backup dancers were on point. Pretty damn good!
Although I did hear that it was better than her Femme Fatale tour.