2014 Fall TV Schedule

2014 fall TV schedule
Last week I shared the six new fall TV shows that I’m excited to watch. This week I’m treating myself by sharing the returning shows that this TV addict can’t wait to return.

Fall TV Schedule – Returning Shows

Sunday
CSI, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Family Guy

Monday
Castle

Tuesday
The Mindy Project

Wednesday
Modern Family, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Law & Order: SVU, Chicago P.D.

Thursday
Scandal, Bones, Parenthood, Parks and Rec*

I know, it’s a lot. So, if I had to recommend 5 shows to put on your DVR, I would pick these:

1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine. This show is surprisingly hilarious. While I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the female characters (the actors are a little weak to be honest) as a whole, the cast is awesome.
  2. Chicago P.D. I’m completely obsessed with this show. I’ve never seen Chicago Fire so a few of the story lines are a bit hard to follow, but overall, the acting is awesome, the plot is great, and Sophia Bush is a queen.
  3. Scandal. I mean, duh.
  4. Parenthood. I can’t believe that it is the last season of this show! I go through a box of tissue in each episode
  5. Bones. This show is only making the top 5 list because it is the last season of the show. And because I binge-watched the whole series while in South Africa because it was one of the only TV shows that I could stream / rent from the video store
  6. Bonus: Parks and Rec*. Probably the best show on TV. I can already see myself crying through the who (last) season

*I know that Parks and Rec doesn’t start until early 2015 but it felt wrong to not include it!

Which returning shows are you most excited for this fall?

51 Comments

1. September 18, 2014 / 1:27 am

I started watching Chicago Fire and it was disappointing – but I’m intrigued to hear that Chicago PD is good! I’ll have to check it out! Also, I was not disappointed by the Mindy Project premiere yesterday! :) Also I love Esther’s blog!

• September 19, 2014 / 10:05 pm

Aww thanks Camila!! :) I am waiting for Mindy Project to be available on hulu. It’s one of my current faves. I feel like there aren’t enough comedies nowadays.

• September 20, 2014 / 12:30 am

I haven’t watched the Mindy Project premiere yet! I plan on catching up this weekend

2. September 18, 2014 / 1:40 am

Woohoo SVU and Criminal Minds!! You know those are definitely my favorites. :) I also love Parenthood – but WHATTHEHECKTHISISTHELASTSEASON?? I didn’t know that. :( I’m still watching last season on Netflix haha. Guess I gotta catch up soon!

• September 20, 2014 / 12:32 am

thinking about how it is the last season of Parenthood makes me want to cry so badly!

3. September 18, 2014 / 1:51 am

Bones and Chicago PD!! I have a total girl crush on Sophia Bush and I tell josh all the time that Booth is my other husband

4. September 18, 2014 / 1:53 am

I’m just so happy Parks and Rec offers season pass on Apple TV. lately we started watching Agents of Shield, though I have no idea when the next season comes out. if you’re into the Marvel movies, it really helps tie all the Avenger plot lines together!

• September 20, 2014 / 12:34 am

I’ve been thinking about trying Agents of Shield but wasn’t sure. Glad to see that you recommend it!

5. September 18, 2014 / 3:01 am

I am so sad that this is the last season of Parks and Rec! It is one of my favorite shows as well.

6. September 18, 2014 / 4:25 am

I seriously thought Parks and Rec was already over.. I’m so happy there’s another season!! :D

7. September 18, 2014 / 6:24 am

Parks and Rec is life, cannot believe it’s ending and I’ll be crying right with you. This is also making me sad I gave up on Parenthood a couple of years ago. My returning shows I’m looking forward to are: Scandal, The Good Wife, Nashville, New Girl, Shark Tank, Revenge, Homeland… wow I watch too much TV.

8. Whitney
    September 18, 2014 / 7:06 am

DVR Set! I am so excited about this season! I hate it that it is the last season for so many shows! the new ones better be good enough to replace them because my heart is breaking!

xoxo,

Whitney & Blaire

Peaches In A Pod

• September 20, 2014 / 12:37 am

I have a feeling that some of the new shows will take their place nicely, don’t worry!

9. September 18, 2014 / 9:23 am

I am anxiously awaiting Scandal. And I’m super happy it moved up an hour because we just got rid of our DVR and staying up until 11 on a Thursday night isn’t exactly good for my work schedule on Friday morning :) And I’m still a Grey’s Anatomy lover.

• September 20, 2014 / 12:38 am

ha! I totally understand. But now How To Get Away With Murder is going to be taking the 10pm spot!

• September 20, 2014 / 12:39 am

I wish that I could join in on twitter but I don’t have cable and have to wait until it comes out on Hulu!

10. September 18, 2014 / 11:13 am

I will also be crying with you all of Parks & Rec. #pleasedon’tgo

11. September 18, 2014 / 11:30 am

I am so excited for Parenthood to start up again but so bummed it’s the last season. It’s one of the best shows on TV, in my opinion, since Friday Night Lights. Also excited for P&R (eventually) & The Mindy Project, but another one I’m surprisingly into and looking forward to is Once Upon A Time. I didn’t expect to like that show but I got hooked (har har….) from the first season and now I just have to see how it all plays out!

• September 20, 2014 / 12:50 am

secret: I’ve never watched Friday Night Lights!

ps, I see what you did there with the OUAT reference

12. Sara Barnes
    September 18, 2014 / 12:11 pm

I feel like it’s been FOREVER since Bones was on!! So ready for it to be back!

Sara
    506miles

13. Kristen Warren
    September 18, 2014 / 12:19 pm

I am ridiculously excited for Scandal. I have never watched the others, clearly I need to binge watch them all!

• September 20, 2014 / 12:52 am

yes yes! Most of those shows are on Netflix, so you can totally have a binge session!

14. September 18, 2014 / 12:53 pm

I’m excited for Blacklist and Scandal. You HAVE to put Blacklist on your things to watch…you won’t regret it, best show ever!

15. September 18, 2014 / 1:32 pm

Oh no! I didn’t know Bones was ending … ok i feel like i have to watch it now since it’s on its last season.

16. September 18, 2014 / 2:26 pm

You have fantastic taste in TV. I like all the same shows! Mentally preparing to have my world rocked (and tissue boxes emptied) by Parenthood this season.

17. September 18, 2014 / 3:36 pm

Castle : Criminal Minds : Bones YES YES YES!!! Can’t wait for all my shows to come back and thank goodness for DVR :-)

18. September 18, 2014 / 8:15 pm

CAN’T WAIT FOR SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Sons of Anarchy… which has already started but we’re waiting until we have a couple of episodes on tap to start watching it.

19. Tina
    September 18, 2014 / 10:02 pm

I’m most excited about the mid-season programs: Justified, The Americans, Downton Abbey… Thanks for hosting this lovely link up! http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Leave Some Love