Happy Pi(e) Day everyone! Today holds a special place in my heart for a few reasons. First and foremost, I love pie. Sweet or savory, I much prefer pie over cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, etc. Second, when I was in college, my sorority had something called Strive for Pi. IHQ (international headquarters) encouraged us to have at least a 3.14 GPA each semester. Those of us that fell below that mark were put on academic probation until the grades could get pulled up. Those of us that had GPAs higher than 3.14 celebrated with Pi Night: A magical night where we ate different kinds of pie and had the chance to “pie the prez”, where we our president (or sometimes on of the VPs if our president didn’t want to) would volunteer to let us throw whipped cream pies at her.
It was more fun (for everyone) than it looks. As you can imagine, Pi Night usually turned into a whipped cream fight but I’m not complaining. Those were some of my favorite nights spent with my sisters.
In case you missed it, here are some links worth reading:
- Does living together before marriage affect a relationship’s success?
- Is SEO dead? (thanks for sharing, Allyssa).
- Tips for managing money with your partner / spouse.
- A beginner’s guide to social media.
- Alicia is hosting an excellent giveaway showcasing Moulton Handmade Jewelry.
- I’m a sucker for project management tools and I can’t wait to try Trello.
- A new way to send custom postcards in a digital way.
- What do you miss about childhood?
- A nice reminder to K.I.S.S.
- The (ever so cute) creatures of Bali.
- How do you find balance?
- 5 great apps for young professionals.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Lately, on Treasure Tromp