It is that time again – Birchbox review time! This review should have happened weeks ago but life happens so I’m a little bit late. February’s Birchbox was a great one! (** = my favorite product(s) in the box)
1. SKIN & Co Roma – Cleansing Body Gel with Olive & Sicilian Orange Extracts: I love SKIN & Co Roma products so I was so happy to see this in my box. When I smelled this body wash straight from the bottle I found it overwhelming and way too strong. Luckily the scent was quite pleasant after it was rinsed off the body. This was a pretty middle of the road product.You can see my review of another Skin & Co Roma product, their Truffle Serum, here. Cruelty-free Status: Cruelty-free brand & supports organic farming. $17.50
2. SHU UEMURA Art of Hair – Essence Absolute Nourishing Protective Oil: hair oil is not my favorite type of product, but I did like this one. It had a nice scent and didn’t leave my hair feeling greasy. The only (somewhat silly) down side was that it took me forever to take the top off! Although it was a nice hair oil, I don’t think that I would spend $68 for the full sized product! Cruelty-free Status: Tests on Animals $68
3. **WEI – Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask**: I.Love.Mud.Masks. Like a lot. This tiny little sample held a surprisingly large amount of product! The mask went on smoothly and didn’t leave my face feeling too tight while on or after I rinsed it off. I loved it! The only thing that I could change? Better packaging for samples – the peel top didn’t allow me to really save the rest of the mask for another use! Cruelty-free Status: Does not test on animals $42
4. **WEI – Pomegranate Buffing Beads**: An amazing little product! These buffing beads (which look more like sand than beads) basically turn any regular face wash into an exfoliant. Since I have fairly sensitive skin, some exfoliants are too rough – but not this! I paired it with my Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Face Cleanser and was pretty amazed and how nice my skin felt. The sample cam with two small bags of the beads and i think that each bag will give me at least 3-4 washes. The only negative is that it was a bit difficult rinsing all of the beads off but this is a common problem with most exfoliants. Cruelty-free Status: Does not test on animals $20
5. Dermablend Professional – Smooth Indulgence Concealer: Face makeup and I don’t get along too well. Even though I used foundation & powder off and on in high school and college, this 26 year old is terrified of face makeup. Including concealer. I wore this a few times to cover up dark circles under my eyes, and to cover a pimple, but I didn’t like the way it felt on my face. Too heavy, you know? That is probably my reaction to face make-up in general as opposed to this product though. Cruelty-free Status: Unknown $22
6. Ghirardelli – Delicious Chocolate: yum.