1. Denise Richards Volume Extend by Cristophe – Finishing Spray: This finishing spray is designed to up your volume, shine and thickness while keeping your hair in place. Bonus – paraben and sulphate free! The spray left my hair feeling a little crunchy but kept my frizzies in check. Plus, I (and Matt!) loved the smell of this product. Finishing sprays are not my favorite hair products but if you’re into them, I would recommend checking out this product. $20
2. Heartland Fragrance Co. – Bath Salts: How can I say no to bath salts? Well, I mean I can easily say no to the ones that turn you into a zombie-like creature, but I’m all for the ones that pair nicely with a glass of wine and good book. The description recommends weekly use to ‘dramatically reduce tension’. The evaluator / scientist in me would like to see data supporting these causal claims … but the stressed out student is willing to believe. $10
3. mark. – Lipclick Luxe Lipstick in m.powerment petal: First and foremost, I love mark. I get a ton of stuff from them – mostly dresses, bags and jewelry and have even considered being a brand rep (in all my free time). So I was obviously very excited to see a mark product in this month’s box. And it did not disappoint! Beautiful color, smooth application and didn’t dry out my lips. And let’s chat about the click-it technology on this case. There is a magnet inside the top and case to ensure that it stays closed. In the picture above you can see that the top is actually attached to the side of the case by the magnet. It may be a little thing, but it totally won me over. $12
4. **Zoya – Nail Lacquer in Electra**: In college my rule was “never say no to a tequila shot”. Well, I have long retired that rule and replaced it with “never say no to sparkly nail polish”. Or something like that. Instead of small ‘dots’ for sparkles, they looked like longer strips – hello statement nails! More of a top coat than stand along color. The polish dried incredibly quickly as well! And I like seeing “toxin-free” on a label. $8
5. Wella – Velvet Amplifier: This product is designed to serve as a styling primer. I don’t really ‘style’ my hair. I’m much more of a 2 minute hair kind of gal. That being said, I liked the way that it made my hair feel. Overall I felt very neutral about this product. $16
6. **Pleats Please by Issey Miyyake – Eau de Toilette**: Hold.the.phone. Usually I am the first (and possibly most annoying) to complain about the excess of perfumes in beauty boxes. But friends. I actually really liked this one. A lot, even. Better yet, my boyfriend also liked it. A lot. Glossybox describes it as ‘effervescent, sensual and addictive notes which embody the essence of joy, feminine and elegance’. I didn’t quite think of all those things. I most thought, ‘oh, a perfume that doesn’t make me want to gag, isn’t too strong, I like and my boyfriend likes’. I would actually buy the full size if my bank account didn’t object so much. $92
7. JewelMint Bonus! – Necklace: I always welcome a nice freebie into the mix! Truth be told, I am actually a JewelMint subscriber and have gotten some really great items from their services. Some of my favorites, actually. That being said, I am canceling my subscription = $30 a month on jewelry doesn’t quite fit into my budget.
Have you tried or own any of these products? What are your options on them?
You can find my previous Glossybox Reviews here. If you are interested in signing up for this beauty box, click here for Glossybox.
Linked with Whatever, Whenever, What I’m Loving, Random, and Whimsy Wednesdays.