As a vegetarian (minus sushi, of course) I’ve been trying to find new sources of protein to make sure that I’m getting enough. Enter my newish love, quinoa salad. Whenever I make quinoa salad it usually takes me about 20-30 minutes start to finish. The best part is that 1 cup of dry quinoa makes about 2 cups when cooked and always provides a ton of leftovers for lunches or dinner side dishes for the next couple of days.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- small bunch of green onions
- half a ba of frozen corn
- half a jar of artichoke hearts
- the juice of one lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- a couple pinches of thyme
- as many red pepper flakes as you can handle
- Set 2 cups of water to boil and rinse off the quinoa while you wait. Throw the quinoa in after it comes to a boil
- While your quinoa is in the water, chop up your green onions and artichoke hearts to your desired size
- Cook your corn according to the directions on the bag
- Mix your green onions, artichoke hearts, corn, salt, pepper, lemon juice, thyme and red pepper flakes
- Once your quinoa is finished cooking (nice and fluffy!) pour the above mixture over the quinoa and enjoy!