I’ve been doing my best to try at least one new recipe each week. But I’ve been slacking. Oops? So I’m going to recycle this post that I originally did for my favorite girl Evani while she was gone in Seattle.
Since becoming a pescatarian in February I’ve been trying to experiment with new recipes to make vegetables that I
hate don’t care for a little bit more bearable.
Enter Brussel Sprouts. Yuck.
Seriously, everyone age 4 and up typically hate ‘em – myself included. And so naturally I was determined to try to make them delicious. Spoiler alert: they ended up beyond delicious!
Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts
1 lb Brussel Sprouts
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced and peeled
- Chop off the ends of the sprouts and and remove the outer layer.
- Cut each one of those bad boys in half
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat
- Add the sprouts in with the oil and saute for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the sprouts turn a nice brownish color, and the inside is nice and soft
- Juice and peel one lemon into a small bowl and add salt and peper to taste
- Add garlic to the pan about half way through sautéing
- Mix in the lemon juice, skin, salt and pepper mixture and reduce heat to low
- Stir and serve it up!
And there you have it! Brussels Sprouts that actually taste delicious – I promise!
** Make sure to stop by Amanda’s giveaway this week! I’m giving away a Sephora giftcard and ad space!**