Spoiler alert: Sarah from Venus Trapped in Mars took over this post today. But before I get to the good stuff, I wanted to link up with Jenni’s prompt for the day: favorite posts. In the last 11 months I’ve written a lot of posts that I absolutely love (and quite a few that I’m pretty embarrassed about but we’ll just skip through those).
But some of my favorites are guest posts written by some of my favorite bloggers. Like this one from the always hilarious, Sarah:
Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi!!!!!
So glad to be with one of my favorite bloggers today, Nicole! I’m Sarah and I blog over at Venus Trapped in Mars. I’m here to lure your over to my blog so we can be best friends and braid each other’s hair and tell ghost stories and play house and school all night long. What better way to win Treasure Tromp readers over than to tell them why Nicole and are so similar??
Nicole clearly takes more elegant wine pictures than I do.
Not sure why I need any more argument other than WINE, but alas, I’ll continue.
One very important thing to point out is that I like the Texas Rangers. Nicole likes the Oakland A’s.
*The 5 games back Oakland A’s*
Any who. I’ve made my point here, moving on…
Give us a ball or something to toss and we are happy campers.
And just to be fair, since all good reporters must tell both sides of the story….
… here is a difference…
But I do make a mean dirty gin martini. Does that count as cooking?
Four years ago I graduated from college. I was about to take a 5 week vacation traveling around Italy and France with my mom. Getting ready to start graduate school. Scared that I would lose touch with my best friends. Nervous about starting a new life. 3 months away from meeting my now fiancé.
A lot has changed in the last 4 years.
One major change? My idea of weekend fun. I’m sure that you can imagine what my idea of weekend fun looked like when I was in college so I won’t go into it. But oh my things have changed. Let’s take this weekend as an example…. Friday: dinner with girlfriends; wine & popcorn time. Saturday: Star Trek!; drinks at Dale Brothers brewery; sit on the couch and play video games with Matthew Sunday: Mini party for the Office finale; pupusas for lunch with my roommate; blog planning
No crazy parties. No caring about if I’m invited to a fraternity function. No social uncertainty. Although school keeps me incredibly busy, my social life is a bit … slower than it was in college. But I think that is a wonderful thing. Of course I miss college shenanigans but I’m pretty damn happy when my day includes little joys and ends fairly early with a glass of wine in bed. Have I turned into a homebody? Perhaps? But overall I would describe my life as ‘love’.
…just about everything. Yup, I’m a big scaredy pants. I realize that this was day 7′s prompt but I play by my own rules and wanted to do it today.
1. Playing by my own rules. I’m that girl. You know, the one who follows all the rules no matter how ridiculous they are. I’ve always been scared of breaking rules / getting in trouble since I was a wee one. Stupid? Maybe. But my method seems to have worked so far.
2. Falling and chipping a tooth. I experience this fear every time I walk up or down a flight of stairs 3. Bugs. Big, small, fast, or slow, they all terrifying. 4. Things that eat bugs. Like snakes and lizards. Sick nasty. 5. Fox News. WHY IS EVERYONE ALWAYS YELLING?! Conservative and liberal pundits alike are always yelling. And it is terrifying. Except my main man, Shepard Smith. Please see below. Seriously. He hits all the tough issues like his thoughts on V/True Blood and Mitt Romney’s mom jeans:
6. Being alone at night / in the dark. Yes, I’m a 4 year old child. But it terrifies me like whoa 7. That I’ll be stuck working 50/60 + hours a week for the rest of my life. No thanks. That needs to go once I get my PhD 8. That I’ll never finish my PhD program. I mean I technically have 6 more years to complete it but it I don’t finish in the next 2 I’m throwing in the towel
9. Being an accidental racist. Aren’t we all scared of this? 10. The fact that somebody thought that the song Accidental Racist was a good idea. Seriously, I can’t. 11. Running out of wine or developing an allergy to sushi. THE WORST POSSIBLE THING(S)
1. Dear Spring & Summer: It is officially stripe season! Of course I wear them in the fall and winter but almost all of my spring and summer wardrobe includes stripes.
2. Dear Friends: This weekend could not come quickly enough! As of today I am completely done with teaching! Class sessions have be taught, grades have been calculated, and this girl has concluded teaching her first (community) college course. There were highs and lows, and I have a lot to learn, but it was such a wonderful experience!
3. Favorite Photo: Today’s prompt for the Blog Every Day in May challenge was to post our favorite picture of ourselves. The picture above is currently my favorite. Not because of how I look (umm, clearly not good) but because this is the first picture that Matt took of me after he proposed. And what a happy moment that was!
And finally, let’s #backthatazzup: This weekend is all about celebrating for me. And nothing says ‘celebration’ / dance party like Sleigh Bells (and Brit Brit, of course). If you haven’t been to a Sleigh Bells show before, get your ass in gear and make it happen. I promise that they do not disappoint! I couldn’t decide what song to post so I shared two. Oops.